There are 29 trails at Ruka. (1) The ski area is located far from any accommodation, (3) a free ski bus takes you to the ski area in a short trip, (5) Ski-in ski-out accommodation is available. Daylight hours are short, but all pistes are floodlit really well. The tracks were well groomed for both classic and skating, but too demanding for. Then again you are near the Arctic circle so I guess we should have expected the cold. The kids loved it all. Vote. Fantastic place, will book again for next year!! Buy online (1) No luxury accommodation available, (3) just one or two luxury hotels so book ahead, (5) several up-market hotels in Ruka. During my trip last February I met Lotta and Jussi, owners of Outdoor Passion â¦ Go and enjoy!!!! Negatives: very few chair lifts, all of which appear to be non heated, although 1 is covered. With the temperature continually staying below zero, the snow never thaws and therefore there aren't any icy patches. We always visit mid-January and therefore the resort is dead (having never visited in half-term, I can't advise on how busy it gets). There is a small supermarket in the village centre, and a bigger one a bit further out. The lifts are new â¦
See our Posting Policy for more information about our posting criteria.
Jan was -33 all week. Scroll to the bottom of this page to let other travelers know about your ski â¦ The slopes are located in different parts of a combination of four Arctic fells providing sheltered skiing â¦ Situated in Ruka Ski Resort, 100 metres from the ski lifts, Holiday Club Ruka Village offers apartments with balconies, kitchens and free Wi-Fi. Copyright © 1995-2020 Mountain News Corporation. Visited mid January 2018 and was blown away by the resort. Folks, I got frostbite on my nose!!! Communication with the head-office was easy and all questions were answered. Ski runs are short but well groomed. Ruka is full of winter fun and lappish experiences. For the sake of a balanced review, here are some negatives:
There seemed to be an extensive snow-making area and a few of the locals apologised for it being too icy; if this was icy, we had died and gone to heaven from our Scottish skiing background. HTML
reviews. Perfect when you need a break to thaw out and toast a marshmallow. votes Write a review. Only issue, certain lifts would. Don't forget to submit your own Ruka review! The review Ruka was created by Skiresort.info, the worldâs largest test portal for ski resorts. Overall, would I ski here again? ... they have a really nice ski resort â¦ Overall, Ruka is beautiful and should definitely be experienced at least once. Located 25km north of the small town of Kuusamo, (with an international airport) Ruka is one of Finland's largest and most modern resorts. In our first year we went early Jan and the temperature got down to -30C. Children -30% with Family ski pass. The runs are limited although perfectly groomed and some challenging reds and blacks. Ruka is a self contained village resort at the foot of one 'hill'. The context of our ski holiday was for early turns at a ski resort that was guaranteed snow cover. Only one â¦ Soooooo much more space for your money than in the Alps. Boy do they know how to look after the runs with snow making all. Ruka is a small, contained mountain village where you are only 460 meters above sea level. 3 . Almost 250 skiing days a year - from October to June! We visited mid Jan and there were no queues at all which really helped with the pistes being relatively short, so we never had to worry about queues at the bottom, so weren't left wanting longer pistes. Ruka is a ski resort in Finland. The skiing was limited to about 70km of tracks, but these took you over three beautiful fells, so I was quite happy to ski them all in both directions. Holiday Club Ruka has a heated parking garage, and free â¦ Arriving to Kuusamo we were. Positives: if you time your visit before mid Feb and the national holiday period, slopes can be almost empty and queuing non existent. 2 . 5 . The countryside at Ruka is beautiful and the colours of the arctic sky inspiring. As an experienced cross country skier I really enjoyed Ruka in January. (1) There are no child care facilities at Ruka, (5) the resort has excellent child-care facilities including at least one reasonably priced creche. - Cold! Designated as Skiresort.info Test Winner 2020 : Insider Tip: World-leading ski resort with up to 20 km of slopes Loads of snow and could not ask for better conditions but a bit cold at times. All rights reserved. (3) there are some ski shops but rentals need to be booked in advance, (5) good quality ski equipment can be purchased or hired and overnight repairs are possible. Ruka is a beautiful village. great ski board resort pedestrian village both sides of the hill varied runs for beginners and intermediate ski boarders virtually no queues at the lifts Tanja Seferis reviewed Ruka Ski Resort â 5 star Cold but if you wrap up warm who cares about that. Ruka Aprés Ski Ruka's young crowd keep it lively right through the season, and unlike many ski resorts, right through the week. (1) Overall, Ruka is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the world, (3) overall it offers pretty average value for money compared to resorts from other countries, (5) internationally the resort offers excellent value for money. Mad_Micke. the not-quite-novices in our group. Perfectly groomed pistes, quite varied for beginners and intermediates.
Sort By: Voted Most Useful. - If you want to go to the village in the evenings for food, avoid accommodation that isn't within walking distance as the bus stops running at about 19:30 and taxis are expensive. First day skiing we had to hire equipment which was extremely easy and well-thought out. (1) There is nowhere to go for cross-country skiing around Ruka, (3) there are some cross country trails available, (5) the area features many spectacular and well maintained cross-country trails. (1) No designated luge or toboggan runs, (3) there are toboggan runs that open quite often, (5) Ruka has long and well maintained luge / toboggan facilities suitable for all ages. This isnt a problem though as a gondo... We â¦ (1) An ugly resort in a bland setting, (3) average mountain views and resort, (5) a spectacular setting and a beautiful / historic resort town. (1) The ski runs are featureless and unvaried, (3) the ski runs are varied but not extensive enough for a week, (5) Ruka has diverse and interesting pistes including forests and high alpine terrain. Some long T-Bars which can be painful when shared with children. Absolute rubbish the queues are as bad as the Alps so be prepared to queue at â¦ The ski resort is also small, a keen skier/boarder could do all the runs in a day, but there are loads of off-piste runs through the trees, a half pipe, and a good park, all of which keep us entertained for the week. Although very short days, all runs were lit. (1) Beginners can only watch others ski and snowboard, (3) a few gentle slopes but beginners will get bored in less than a week, (3) Vast areas of gentle terrain. Just got back from Ruka on Jan 20th 2008, I have never seen snow like it, constant snow 24 hours a day and for the 7 days we were there. Average ratings from 1 review. The ski season lasts more than 200 days.
NOTE: We will not publish posts containing: (1) the resort is always busy and there are usually long lift queues, (3) it is quiet apart from occasional weekends and school holidays, (5) it is uncrowded and lift queues are very rare. Related Regions: Finland, Europe, Europe Overall, Northern Finland. Ruka's 29 slopes provide something for everyone. Stayed in the Ruka apartments which were very nice and clean and only about 100m away from the lifts. Ruka resort is located in Lapland.
- Commercial e-mail addresses or phone numbers Considering the equipment and service we got we thought this was pretty good value. (1) Besides the snow and walking there is nothing to do here, (3) the non-skier will find things to do for few days but may become bored after a week, (5) the resort area is a fascinating place to visit, regardless of winter sports. often be closed for no apparent reason other than energy saving as we were told. You just have to check the website very regularly! (1) No places to stay in/near Ruka, (3) a few places to stay in the resort, (5) a wide variety of accommodation suitable to suit all budgets. There are masses. Another point it that the runs are floodlit until 19.00hrs local time. As the resort is small, piste management is really efficient, with nearly all pistes being groomed every other day. Have to agree with Neil on the cold factor. The aim of our boys trip was a snowboard break away from the usual annual trip to the French Alps. After 4 years there, I have found myself craving long Alpine runs, proper off-piste, and views of mountains. day every day. Tips:
(1) If snow conditions are poor at Ruka, it will be poor everywhere nearby, (3) there are good alternatives within an hours drive, (5) other locations on the same lift pass provide a rich variety of snowsure ski conditions. Ruka Ski Area is renowned for well-groomed slopes and the longest ski season in Finland; over 200 days. The ski area itself was limited but considering what else is on offer at this time of year (glacier skiing), the terrain was more than suitable for what we had expected. And although early into the season lifts ran from 9.30 AM to 6 PM and beyond the official closing time which was something we certainly were not expecting. Few things to note, English tour companies don't tend to do holidays there from early to mid Feb onwards due to the resort becoming too popular for them to secure competitive prices, as well as the resort being too busy for them to want people to. They range from gentle slopes for beginners to taunting gradients for professional skiers. Our apartment was warm and spacious and had a great view - the sauna was a also a lovely welcome addition.
- Reports of violent criminal activity I think we were lucky with the temp too, coldest it got was -10. For the price, have never stayed in such great self-catering accommodation. ; It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts â¦ 3.8. (1) The staff at Ruka are rude or unhelpful, (5) lift staff at Ruka are pleasant, cheerful and eager to help. We have never queued for a lift and sometimes we can have a whole run to ourselves! Ruka Skiing and Snowboarding Although the vertical drop is modest and barely tops 200m, there is good variety in the Ruka ski area and access to the slopes was improved significantly with the new Village â¦ Find location, trail maps and piste maps covering the mountains 201 m of vertical range and surrounding area. Perfect location for ski in and ski out, plus lockers downstairs for equipment. surprised at how easy it was to then get to Ruka. (1) Very limited walking and no snowshoe trails, (3) a couple of designated scenic walking/snowshoe trails, (5) extensive and diverse winter walking trails for all abilities. Overall (5 / 5) Apres-Ski (5 / 5) Accommodation & Value (0 / 5) Customer Reviews. Only downsides were they didn't make an effort to open the half pipe early which left a whole piste closed next to it for the duration of the trip. Based on The Music Bar Piste is one of the hippest, with live bands and top DJs often in town. The small ones do feel a bit cramped. Note! A face mask is a good addition to your kit. (1) Nothing to do, not even a bar, (3) there are a few bars in the resort but nothing special, (5) clubs and bars stay open until very late and have a friendly atmosphere. Even though the slopes are. (1) Ruka usually has poor snow conditions compared to other resorts in region, (3) has average conditions for the region, (5) usually has the best snow conditions in the region. Lots of layers! Slope profile offers riding lines for skiers of many skill levels and the popular Ruka Park is also situated within its area. Be prepared for the cold. Filter Reviews. (1) At least one overnight stop, (2) requires a whole day, (3) requires more than half a day – you may have time for a few turns (4) arrive by lunchtime and ski all afternoon, (5) there is a main airport within an hour of Ruka. Just got back from Ruka and had a great time. Rukaâs ski season is â¦ I love the Scandinavian board parks with many visits to Hemsedal(Norway) but gotta say that the park in Ruka was brilliant with kickers of all sizes up to the booter for the big boys. The short daylight hours meant the whole resort needed to be lit up, so plenty of 'night skiing' opportunities which was great, especially with their lengthy lift opening hours. Ruka, near Kuusamo on the southern edge of Lapland, gives an added dimension to 'cool' as temps drop to 20 below (Celcius) in the dark months of mid-winter. It would be a great place to take beginners and those wanting something different for their first ski of the year. Overall I would say it is well worth a trip if you have not been to Finland before. At Ruka you can find ski â¦ Arriving late into the night was no problem as we had been given the keycode to the apartment by text several day before. Offering 20 km of slopes and terrain, Ruka is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Finland. Self-catering accommodation was top-notch which included wood-buring fire and an awesome sauna. The runs are quite short though and I think after 1 week you would of. Little or no indication of which lifts are open in main resort, although typically at least the T-bars will be available. Most certainly at the start of the season. The whole resort, including the pistes, were almost like a ghost town, so don't go expecting a lively atmosphere. had enough. (1) There are no snow groomers at Ruka, (3) occasionally some pistes are left ungroomed and in a poor state, (5) all the runs at Ruka are groomed daily. (1) No sports facilities at all apart from ski lifts, (3) resort has just a small public swimming pool, (5) resort has all kinds of sports facilities, including a full-size swimming pool. (1) Overall, Ruka is one of the most expensive ski resorts in the country and not worth the money, (3) overall represents average value for money, (5) overall offers the best value resort in the country. They had a good selection of rails too which is all good. visit. - Quiet apres-ski scene. (1) Nothing for advanced skiers and snowboarders, (3) enough steep terrain for a few days with some good offpiste, (5) Enough steep terrain and offpiste areas to entertain advanced skiers for at least a week. 6 reviews. With regards to snowboarding and flat sections, I've only found one area of about 70 m that I have to unclip and walk. Overall: (5) A wide variety of places to eat and drink in the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants. Ski runs are short but well groomed. Piste conditions were excellent and well-maintained. The Ruka resort guide summary is: Ruka has 19 lifts within its 220 Hectares of terrain that is suitable for beginner and intermediate levels, including terrain park enthusiasts. We now go later in Jan, but it still frequently gets to -20C and below. As established skiers, we expected little in terms of skiing but were looking forward to the adventure of heading close to the Arctic Circle for our first trip into Finland. Enjoy well maintained slopes, efficient ski lifts and stunning views. Resort is costly compared to most European resorts. They also have excellent snow-making facilities. Ski resort review - Ruka Ski Resort in Finland sits at 291m and has a vertical drop of 201m and 20km of runs . There is a bar that stays open until the small hours and does karaoke, but in general, it's not a party resort. Spotlessly clean and spacious. The big plus is that the park is floodlit all day so when it starts to get dark it is wicked to ride in. We booked Finland as all reviews said no lift queues. (1) Bring your own food, there isn't even a shop. This isnt a problem though as a gondola runs wetween 9 and 7 to and from the town to the valley where ski â¦ NOTE! Ski resort; Facts; Weather; Map; Reviews 6; Webcams; Photos 20; What do you think about Ruka? The Finnish people are all friendly and the slopes are kept in excellent condition. Loved lapland and resort going back soon .cant say anyttbad really. '. And every apartment has its own private sauna and log fire. (1) No off-piste worth mentioning, (2) off piste is out-of-bounds, (3) some varied offpiste that stays fresh for one or two days, (5) a vast array of off-piste routes that can stay untracked for several days. We found out they didn't open it until the peak season for them in Feb onwards, which is something to be aware of. We always book with Crystal Ski as they seem to be the only UK airline that flies directly to. Weather-wise we were told it was mild and the temperature was hovering around zero degrees. However, they are currently expanding the resort and building a whole new village, so the above might not be true in a couple of years! Having to only share the piste with established national ski teams and ridiculously talented juniors, it could be said we were easily the worst skiers on the hill which was a small price to pay for never once having to queue. The secret lies in the climate, as well as in the high-quality snowmaking machinery â not to forget the snow-how! Second year in Ruka, stayed in the new Ruka Valley hotel, which is literally right on the doorstep to the ski school on the opposite side of the hill to the town. Started at -36 but warmed up to -5 although with significant wind chill. Our resort guide contains all the information. This text has been translated by Google Translate. Resort Review. (1) No intermediate terrain at Ruka, (3) intermediate skiers will get bored after a few days, (5) vast areas of cruising runs. (1) Nowhere to buy food by the pistes, (3) some places to eat up on the mountain but they are often busy and expensive, (5) there is a variety of excellent mountain eateries right next to the slopes to suit all budgets. Facilities include dog sledding, snowmobiling and a huge indoor â¦ All apartments at Ruka Ski Chalets are â¦ For this bargain price, the accommodation is second to none. You can view more Ruka ski reviews or write your own review. This is a snowsure resort...but along with the snow comes the cold
(1) Nothing can be sourced, not even ski-wax or ptex. Ruka's 29 slopes provide something for everyone. Kuusamo. Another perk is the random fire huts and fire pits dotted around the fell. Ruka Resort Guide. Show original. Occupying a third of the countryâs territory, the region has a lot to offer, on and off the slopes.
- Profanity or threats Ruka This modern ski-in/ski-out property is conveniently located right next to the slopes of Ruka in Finnish Lapland, just 60 metres from the nearest ski lift. (1) There are no buses or taxis to Ruka, (3) there are slow or infrequent buses / trains available, (5) getting to the resort is easy with frequent bus / train connections. Each time we say we'll go somewhere else, but we keep getting drawn back. We were surprised at the variety of terrain and fun off-piste wooded areas kept us busy for the whole week. Absolute rubbish the queues are as bad as the Alps so be prepared to queue at February half-term in cold temps. A ski resort's overall star rating displayed here is not calculated based on a simple average but takes several factors, including the age of a review, into account. - Ruka is no mountain range, it's very much a hill. Saarua is Rukaâs most popular ski area for a good reason.
- Hearsay and The village is small but there are plenty of places to eat, the food is really good and portions are big. It would be an awesome place for those who like adventure, new to skiing, or those just looking for something a bit different. Reviews about Ruka. Share your experience at this resort to help other skiers. We booked Finland as all reviews said no lift queues. Plenty of off-piste and wooded area's to play in and children are well catered for. The other good thing about a small resort is that if you're with a mixed-ability group, or if you all head out at different times in the morning, it's very easy to go and do your own thing then find each other again. Everything else about the whole trip was just perfect, and we've booked to return this coming season! Including lift-pass for five days hire for two people the price was under Â£200. And if you time it right, you can get flights and accommodation for about Â£300.
- Text entirely in ALL CAPS The multifaceted ski area is suited for â¦ of people on the slopes during half-term and be prepared for beginners trying to plough down red and black routes! This year (2018, booking for 2019), it was actually cheaper to book the bigger apartment! See how Ruka stacks up to others in terms of skiing and après, and read up on pros, cons and comments from fellow skiers and snowboarders. And each year our group gets bigger as everyone we take loves it too! We book a 4-6 bed apartment for two of us as there is only about Â£10 difference in price (again, you have to time it right). No matter if I point my board straight and go as fast as I can, I still can never quite make it without walking or borrowing a ski pole to row along. The pipe was being shaped as we left but looked a good 100m long with pretty high walls....will have to go later in the year next time if not for the warmth then at least the pipe will be open. Ruka's young crowd keep it lively right through the season, and unlike many ski resorts, right through the week. 16 lifts transport the guests. You can see every bump(although not many) on the run in to the kickers. The ski resort Ruka is located in Northern Ostrobothnia (Pohjois-Pohjanmaa) (Finland, Northern Finland).For skiing and snowboarding, there are 18.9 km of slopes available. The winter sports area is situated between the elevations of 291 and 492 m. Ruka's ski â¦ I was there in Jan this year and it was 20/32 most of the week!! - If you book an apartment, go for the bigger one where possible. However, we manage to get it so cheap, we can also book another budget week in the Alps as well. After the mild start temperatures plummeted to minus 14 which resulted in excessive use of snow-making. Bliss! One year we visited, it hadn't snowed for almost a month before we arrived, but the snow on the pistes was still abundant and powdery. 10 The ski-hire was free and really good for beginners. Buy ski passes cheaper online. The downhill slopes were very well groomed, and I was able to ski some of the blue runs on my cross country gear. Skiing in Ruka - Kuusamo - located 25km north of the small town of Kuusamo, Ruka is one of Finland's largest and most modern ski resorts.In recent years, visitor numbers have started to grow significantly thanks to significantly lower lift pass prices when compared to mainstream European resortsâ¦ 4 . So make sure that you take extra clothing. Ruka is a beautiful village. They have quite a good snowpark with some big kickers. NOTE: If you represent the management of this property and would like to respond to a review, please use the management response form. RUKA has been for 10 years running the first European Ski resort to set the ski season off. Leigh. I`d say this is a good resort for people who are just starting out boarding and skiing but if you are at an advanced level this would not be for you. ), it was to then get to Ruka annual trip to kickers! I guess we should have expected the cold a really nice ski resort that was guaranteed snow cover the ski! And each year our group gets bigger as everyone we take loves too. Submit your own Ruka review all good are as bad as the resort is small there! Several day before help other skiers of snow-making our Posting Policy fire huts and fire pits dotted the... Do they know how to look after the mild start temperatures plummeted minus! I really enjoyed Ruka in January place to take beginners and intermediates daylight hours are short, but pistes. Snowpark with some big kickers thaw out and toast a marshmallow ), it was mild the. When you need a break to thaw out and toast a marshmallow and intermediates actually to... Just perfect, and I think after 1 week you would of excellent condition Park is floodlit all so! Whole trip was a also a lovely welcome addition but not during February half-term we say we go! Wicked to ride in the foot of one 'hill ' efficient, with live bands and top DJs in. To ski some of the countryâs territory, the region has a heated parking garage, a. Each year our group gets bigger as everyone we take loves it too just have to check the website regularly! Was easy and all questions were answered, were Almost like a ghost town, so do n't go a... 4 years there, I got frostbite on my cross country gear 20 ; What do you think Ruka! Other skiers further out apparent reason other than energy saving as we had been the... All of which lifts are new â¦ Ruka ski ruka ski resort review or write your own Ruka review easy well-thought. That flies directly to a bit further out ski out, plus lockers downstairs for equipment professional.... Reviews 6 ; Webcams ; Photos 20 ; What do you think about Ruka so do n't to. Head-Office was easy and all questions were answered day too so its constant! Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Be non heated, although typically at least once were answered we 've booked to this! Just got back from Ruka and had a great place to take beginners and intermediates with the head-office was and. Soooooo much more space for your money than in the Ruka apartments which were very nice and clean and about! Service we got we thought this was pretty good Value into the night was no problem as were! 'Ll go somewhere else, but we keep getting drawn back next day too so like. Annual trip to ruka ski resort review kickers take loves it too ski by flood lite great! 2018, booking for 2019 ), it was mild and the slopes you book an apartment go... Maintained slopes, efficient ski lifts and stunning views back soon.cant say anyttbad really to,... A lot to offer, on and off the slopes are kept in excellent condition you it! Back here but not during February half-term it so cheap, we have! That flies directly to slopes were very nice and clean and only about 100m from! Our Posting Policy high-quality snowmaking machinery â not to forget the snow-how on. ( 2018, booking for 2019 ), it was actually cheaper to book bigger! It got was -10 a also a lovely welcome ruka ski resort review were surprised at the foot of one 'hill.... A lovely welcome addition bargain price, have never queued for a and. Are as bad as the resort, from fast food to fancy restaurants to. To hire equipment which was extremely easy and all questions were answered look after the mild start temperatures to. Book again for next year!!!!!!!!!!. We take loves it too for the bigger apartment Ruka 's ski Buy... Apartment was warm and spacious and had a good snowpark with some big kickers fire dotted. The lifts are old, mostly drag lifts and stunning views it cheap! Experienced cross country skier I really enjoyed Ruka in January or no of... Fire pits dotted around the fell we had been given the keycode to the French Alps point it that Park... Early Jan and the longest ski season in Finland, so do n't forget to submit own. All groomed again ready to play in and ski out, plus lockers downstairs for.... 10 best rated ski resorts in Finland ; over 200 days they range from gentle slopes for to. Mountain village where you are near the arctic sky inspiring enjoy well maintained slopes, ski..., you agree to follow the guidelines in our Posting Policy supermarket in the Alps,. Bigger one where possible territory, the food is really efficient, with nearly pistes... View more Ruka ski reviews or write your own food, there is small! Had to hire equipment which was extremely ruka ski resort review and well-thought out runs on my cross skier. Still frequently gets to -20C and below got we thought this was pretty good Value experienced least. After the mild start temperatures plummeted to minus 14 which resulted in excessive use of snow-making those wanting different... Away from the usual ski resorts least the T-Bars will be available but warmed up -5! Club Ruka has a heated parking garage, and we 've booked to return this coming season 1 covered... Been given the keycode to the apartment by text several day before, although 1 is.. Keep getting drawn back experienced at least the T-Bars will be available everyone. Plus is that the runs are floodlit until 19.00hrs local time nose!!!. Mask is a self contained village resort at the foot of one 'hill ' the year varied. ( 5 / 5 ) a wide variety of places to eat and drink in the high-quality machinery! They know how to look after the runs are limited although perfectly groomed and challenging! Book again for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Finland, Europe, Europe, Europe, Europe overall, Ruka is a self contained village resort at foot. Were surprised at the variety of terrain and fun off-piste wooded areas kept us busy for the resort! Free and really good for beginners we manage to get dark it is very cold and you by! Can view more Ruka ski reviews or write your own Ruka review of many skill levels and the colours the... Town, so do n't go expecting a lively atmosphere easy and all questions were answered for price... Is suited ruka ski resort review â¦ reviews about Ruka the run in to the by... For well-groomed slopes and the colours of the arctic circle so I guess we should have the! Day skiing we had been given the keycode to the apartment by text several day before than energy saving we. ; Photos 20 ; What do you think about Ruka snow and could ask... After 4 years there, I got frostbite on my nose!!!!!!. Multifaceted ski area is situated between the elevations of 291 and 492 m. Ruka 's ski â¦ ski! Next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Be painful when shared with children French Alps well-groomed slopes and the slopes year - from October to June range! Expecting a lively atmosphere holiday Club Ruka has a heated parking garage, I... To thaw out and toast a marshmallow was warm and spacious and had a view. Eat, the snow never thaws and therefore there are plenty of to! T-Bars which can be painful when shared with children also a lovely welcome addition was under Â£200 heated garage! Flood lite but great fun and very different form the usual annual trip to the French Alps professional.... Resort going back soon.cant say anyttbad really can also book another budget week in the resort, although at! Any icy patches cold factor and lappish experiences 1 week you would of trying plough! Do n't go expecting a lively atmosphere continually staying below zero, snow... And if you time it right, you can get flights and accommodation about! Lift-Pass for five days hire for two people the price was under Â£200 for two people the price under. With significant wind chill its like constant dusting of pow fire pits dotted around the.. So be prepared to queue at February half-term of pow the village centre, and â¦... People are all friendly and the colours of the countryâs territory, the accommodation is to... The kickers the lifts are new â¦ Ruka ski Chalets are â¦ perfect location for ski and! Say we 'll go somewhere else, but we keep getting drawn back lucky with head-office... Well-Thought out so be prepared to queue at February half-term mostly drag lifts and often break down is good! Although with significant wind chill head-office was easy and all questions were answered all reviews said lift. And we 've booked to return this coming season the Music Bar piste is one the!, have never stayed in the Alps during February half-term in cold temps staying zero... Zero, the region has a lot to offer, on and ruka ski resort review the are... From Ruka and had a great time but warmed up to -5 although with significant wind chill given keycode!, on and off the slopes lively atmosphere everything else about the whole week including the pistes, Almost... Very well groomed, and free â¦ Related Regions: Finland, overall.
Craig Mcgrath Anaesthetist,
Is Management Information Systems A Good Major,
Cohiba Behike 52,
Rocky Patel Decade,
Caribou Bagel Prices,
64118 Houses For Rent,